Friday 9 September 2011

The start.


So, hello!
This blog is designed to be where I inform you of my adventures of the next few months. Beyond that, I am sure it will turn into something completely different.

I (quite literally) about to leave for Norway to join Youth With A Mission as a student on  the Creative Arts - Dance Track - Discipleship Training School ( DTS). That means lectures, bible studies and dance workshops. Towards the end of the the school there is an outreach phase, where we will head off in team to a foreign country to put what we have learnt into practice, and use the gifts and talents we have been cultivating to serve the local church of the community we're in. YWAM is an international organisation, know as the 'University of the Nations', with their goal is "to know God and make Him known". There are some very real threats and dangers, particularly during the outreach phase, even though it may appear that I am doing a 'course'. And I still don't entirely comprehend what I' getting myself into! I am not going with a particular desire or calling to international mission, but more so to gain perspective, grow my faith and purse my creativity!

This wasn't always the plan for my life after school. As this year being my second year out, I had originally hoped to go to Italy as an au pair, but had to work for a year before I started anything. That year  turned into twenty months. During that time my brother, Isaac, did his DTS in Brisbane, which encouraged me to make this decision

Anyway, I shall try my best to keep you updated, so jump in my pocket and join me on this adventure!!!!~

No comments:

Post a Comment