Friday 25 November 2011

The rest of October and November

+
 I figured how to put pictures in!

Well at the start of writing this Christmas was only three days away, so I should fill you in on my life here in Norway. Let me tell you about a rather crazy situation of late. During our Thanksgiving celebrations we were sent on a treasure hunt around base as the outreach destinations were revealed: Japan, Armenia, Mexico, Central Asia and France. Since before coming here I had wanted to go to Mexico on outreach (previous destination), but when we were asked to write down where we wanted/felt God wanted us to go, France just kept coming to mind. I ended up adding it to the end of my list. Well, one evening my school leader approached me to explain that I hadn't gotten either my first or second preference, but in fact I had been put in the France team, my fourth preference.  There is now a distinct Christmas feel in the air now that it is December, though it hasn't started snowing yet. You can now often hear Christmas carols floating around the base and we have started a base advent calender/presents and there is a lot of talk from people excited to be going home for Christmas. 
One of many beautiful sunsets from our balcony.
The local golf course and mountains on a rare sunny day.
I am having an amazing time here. the lord we been gently revealing things about my character to me, we had a redemptive art project dealing with a situation that god has or is redeeming where i started a dress (picture on my facebook profile) oh and I have been able to borrow a sewing machine and mannequins, so good!!
It was been almost 4 months and I have some very dear friends. it is so  nice to be with like minded people who I can enjoy being crazy with and also process the tougher stuff. Even though it is technically winter and I am in the northern hemisphere, we have hardly had any snow. The other week we were lucky enough to have a fair bit of snow, but then turned into ice which makes it a great deal of fun when we have to go down the hill to the church we use for dance. The roads here are not very wide, so in order to get out of the ways for cars, you have to fall on ya belly and crawl to get out of the way.

Mini Outreach was towards the end of November we spent a week divided into our tracks and ventured off to local towns. Dance track headed 6 hours north to Trondheim where the Alive dance studio is based. Some of the group taught as guest teachers, and we were involved in practical work painting a new studio. We also had an evening where we were able to spend at a ' folk high school and got a chance to use and air track and olympic sized trampoline.

I realise that I haven't informed you all of my goings on since RISK and it might take me a while for me to get around to writing about my Christmas break, but I will get there eventually!! This is just to keep you going!

No comments:

Post a Comment