Saturday 14 July 2012

Summer adventure!

Well it has most certainly been a while since I have written and I have now graduated from my discipleship training school. It was a wonderful and extremely strceching experience. During the school, I was lucky enough to spend two months during March/April in Mexico as a creative arts team of students and staff, helping out with various projects. Our main focus was working in orphanages and assisting the running of holiday art workshops for the youth of a particular church. It was wonderful to be able to communicate the value and great impact these young people have in their art forms. We had opportunities to shared at churches, where I had a chance to dance as a part of the meeting, and also with prisoners who are about to re-enter society. Everywhere we went we were blessed profusley, whether it was through a meal, or a place to stay. By the end of the first couple of weeks, my team had already been was an amazing privilege and we as a team we blessed overwhelming by the people we met and shared with. Arriving back in Norway was a great reunion, met by an enormous amount of stories to share. With only a month left it was back into lecture for the remaining weeks before graduation. It was sad to see such an amazing season of growing with such amazing friends come to an end and everyone go there different ways. Graduation was quite and exciting time as my whole family made the long journey to Norway for the occasion. My parents arrived first after some previous world traveling. They arrived one evening as we were having dinner and, at the same time we were praying for a serious situation. Everyone knew it was my family as I 'snuck' out when they knock on the door. Haha. (the whole base heard me...). After graduation I spent the net week on a family holiday around Norway, playing tourist and translator at once. My translation goes as far as saying that I can speak a little Norwegian and reading dinner pack recipes. As my family, left to return home, I continued to travel on to Holland to visit a friend from DTS. We spent a couple of days in Amsterdam, where we had an opportunity to share at her sister's work intercession group in the red light district, before onto the smaller village where her parents live. It was a lot of fun to be a tourist and riding bikes around the Dutch fields - including on the back of one! (photos on Facebook!!) Now I have been back in Ă…lesund for a month living in one of the staff houses with friends from base. And, now that it is summer, it have been lovely to enjoy leisurely breakfasts in the sun with my house mates. Tomorrow morning at five am we are heading south to join in with GoFest - a YWAM national staff conference (http://gofest.no/gofest_12_english.html). From there a team from the Ă…lesund base are heading as a creative arts evangelism team for the London Olympics partnering with www.ywamlondonnottinghill.com/arts.php

No comments:

Post a Comment